I’m available for guest posting!
I’m Holly, and when I occasionally get asked to guest post on other blogs, I’m happy to do so. Please contact me if you’d like me to write a guest post for your blog. I help authors plan and implement their online marketing and social media strategies to achieve their business goals, and I’d love to post on topics related to online marketing for authors. My background is in online marketing and social media marketing.
Tribal Publishing also accepts guest posts from others…keep reading for our policy.
Guest Post Policy
Tribal Publishing is dedicated to helping authors plan and implement their online marketing and social media strategies to achieve their business goals. We welcome guest posts on social media for authors, self publishing, and book marketing.
What’s In It For You
Guest blogging or posting on Tribal Publishing provides you an opportunity to:
- Share your expertise, information, and experience
- Broaden your reach as a blogger an position yourself as an expert in your field
- Gain pingbacks, new readers, and exposure to your own blog and your social media profiles (we’ll include plenty of your links)
- Build a relationship with our tribe of authors
Topics for Guest Posts
Relevant topics for blog post include the following (this brief list is by no means exhaustive; feel free to pitch whatever idea you think might be relevant to our readers…but please stay on topic):
- Effective social media tips and strategies for authors
- Online marketing tips and strategies for authors
- PR tips and strategies for authors
- Book design tips for authors and how to work effectively with graphic designers
- Social media success stories and tips from an author with an established platform
- Other topics related to helping authors market and sell their books online
How to Submit an Idea
If you’re interested in writing for the Tribal Publishing blog, please contact us, detailing your idea and the general concept for your guest post. We’ll get back to you within one week (usually sooner) to let you know whether or not your idea has been approved.
Guest Post Guidelines
Once we’ve approved your idea, please proceed to write the first draft of your guest post following the guidelines below:
- Ideal length is between 300 and 1,000 words. If you just can’t fit your idea between those guidelines, please let us know. We may consider longer posts if we can split them up into a series.
- You agree to provide new content that hasn’t already been published elsewhere online.
- You agree to not publish this same content elsewhere online (ever).
- Please spell check your post and edit it before sending it to us, and please use proper spelling and grammar. Both UK and US spelling are fine.
- Give credit to others if necessary, and disclose any conflicts of interest, if applicable.
Submitting Your Guest Post
Please submit the following via email:
- The draft of your 300 to 1,000 word post in .doc or .docx format.
- A brief bio in 50 words or less.
- One medium-sized, professional head and shoulders shot of yourself.
- Links to your: website/blog, Facebook page, Twitter profile, and up to three other links (Pinterest, Google+, etc.).
Please send this all in one email, so we don’t have to go back and forth to collect all of your details. Upon submitting your guest post, we will review it and approve it (or not) within one week. We may request additional editing to the post, if needed. If and when we approve the final draft of your guest post, we will also notify you of the publication date, usually within 2-4 weeks. We’ll also email you as soon as the post goes live.
The Fine Print
By submitting a guest post idea and guest post draft, you agree to the terms in this Guest Post Policy. Please note that we reserve the right to request additional editing to the first draft of the guest post. We also reserve the right to refuse to publish any submission for whatever reason. If we are not able to use your post, you are of course free to publish it elsewhere or to submit it as a guest post to another blog.
If we discover that the content of your guest post has been posted elsewhere online at any time, we will pull the guest post from our blog. Please understand that duplicate content on the web is disastrous for SEO. You are welcome to publish extracts and links to your guest post from your own blog.
All original content provided will remain the intellectual property of you as the author of the guest post.
Thanks so much!
Thanks for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you regarding guest posting!